(ConcernedPatriot.com) – Tucker Carlson, a former host of Fox News, is reportedly preparing to pressure the network into allowing him to pursue other opportunities.
“The idea that Carlson’s voice would be stifled was beyond preposterous,” according to lawyer Bryan Freedman, who Carlson retained for the contract issue, Axios reported on Sunday.
According to the publication, Carlson is “busy plotting a media empire of his own,” while Fox is trying to sideline him by providing him with $20 million a year not to work. However, he wants Fox to release him from his contract because it expires in January 2025 after the election.
“Axios has learned that Carlson and Elon Musk had a conversation about working together, but didn’t discuss specifics,” the publication said.
Fox said in April that it was cutting ties with Carlson, who had previously presented the well-liked program “Tucker Carlson Tonight.” According to Breitbart News, the choice surprised everyone.
According to the publication, ratings were on a free-fall after Carlson left the network on Wednesday.
Since Tucker Carlson’s departure, the network’s 8 p.m. hour has decreased from a three million viewer average to a 1.65 million viewer average; Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade previously hosted the hour, which will now be filled by Fox News personality Lawrence Jones, according to the article.
Fox News loses 2/3 of audience after ousting Tucker Carlson.
TWO-THIRDS. Unprecedented. pic.twitter.com/pBLR9feiAu
— Stew Peters (@realstewpeters) May 5, 2023
In a video published after his departure, Carlson claimed that one thing he observed while on vacation was how “completely irrelevant” and “unbelievably stupid most of the debates you see on television” are.
“But at the same time, there is hardly any discussion of the issues that are unquestionably important and will shape our future—conflict, civil liberties, new scientific discoveries, population shifts, corporate power, and natural resources.”
“When did you last hear an honest discussion of any of those topics?” He asked. He said, “Debates like that are not allowed in American media.” Carlson, though, ended his speech on a positive note.
He said, “See you soon,” and added, “Honest people who say what’s true, calmly and without embarrassment, they become powerful.”
Good evening pic.twitter.com/SPrsYKWKCE
— Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 27, 2023
In the meantime, according to the source, Breitbart News’ Washington Bureau Chief Matthew Boyle claimed in a recent interview with Newsmax that Fox’s attempts to suppress Carlson were driving viewers away:
“They’re not allowing him to go out there and do something else. They refuse to release him from the contract and negotiate an exit at this time. The Murdoch family is trying to keep him silent,” Boyle said, explaining that the globalist, establishment Murdoch family and their allies “were getting increasingly unnerved by the third rail topics that Tucker was regularly hitting on his show,” including topics such as the vaccine and aid to Ukraine.”
According to Boyle, Carlson’s reporting on these subjects was “rocking the boat and they didn’t like that.” Boyle observed that Fox officials are exploiting the Dominion lawsuit settlement as justification for taking control of the network.
“People are fleeing Fox; that’s what’s occurring. It’s excellent for us that they’re visiting sites like Newsmax and Breitbart,” he said.
A buddy of Carlson’s is quoted in the Axios piece as saying, “Now, we’re going from peacetime to Defcon 1.” His team is getting ready for battle. He seeks independence.”
Copyright 2023, ConcernedPatriot.com