Connect with us

Featured

Texas Sues Biden Administration Over New Abortion Guidance

Texas Sues Biden Administration Over New Abortion Guidance

Texas is suing the Biden administration for its recent guidance reminding hospitals and physicians that federal law requires them to provide abortions if the patient’s health or life is in danger.

The suit, filed in the Northern District of Texas, claims that the Biden administration “wants to convert every emergency room in the country into a walk-in abortion clinic” and is “flouting the Supreme Court’s ruling before the ink is dry.”

Texas claimed the guidance “includes a number of new requirements related to the provision of abortions that do not exist under federal law” and goes much further than simply reminding hospitals of their obligations under current law.

The state is requesting that the court impose a long-term injunction that forbids the administration from applying the advice.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton (R) posted in a statement on twitter–

The lawsuit was brought forward only a few days after the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) released guidance reiterating that the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) safeguards providers when they provide legally required, life- or health-saving abortion services in emergency situations.

According to the EMTALA law, if an emergency medical condition is discovered, the hospital is required to offer any stabilizing treatment that is available or arrange for a suitable transfer to another hospital that has the resources to offer stabilizing treatment. According to HHS, stabilizing care includes abortion care.

The law leaves it up to a doctor to decide what counts as an emergency medical condition for a patient who is pregnant, but administration officials said cases like ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage complications, or severe preeclampsia would be covered.

However, Texas asserts that “EMTALA does not require, direct, approve, or even recommend the provision of any specific treatment. Nothing about abortion is mentioned.

The HHS guidance was released in response to President Biden’s executive order on reproductive health, which was issued last week. The White House is under fire for what some have called its tardy response to the Supreme Court’s decision to overturn Roe v. Wade.

Continue Reading

Featured

Trump Responds to Secret Service Director’s Resignation

Trump Responds to Secret Service Director's Resignation

(ConcernedPatriot.com) – President Donald Trump responded to Kimberly Cheatle’s statement on Tuesday that she was leaving her role as director of the Secret Service due to criticism of the way her organization handled the recent attempt on the previous president’s life.

Trump said, “She never gave me proper protection, so I ended up having to take a bullet for democracy,” in an afternoon interview with Fox News Digital.

He said that his campaign made multiple requests for more protection, which the agency either flatly denied or disregarded.

“Many requests were made by on-site Secret Service for more people, always with a turn down or no response,” Trump told the news outlet. “I have the biggest crowds in history, and they should be treated accordingly.”

He added, “Big improvements have been made over the last week,” Fox News Digital reported.

Cheatle announced her resignation in writing to the Secret Service on Tuesday morning, despite her earlier refusal to do so.

“To the Men and Women of the U.S. Secret Service, The Secret Service’s solemn mission is to protect our nation’s leaders and financial infrastructure,” Cheatle wrote. “On July 13th, we fell short on that mission.”

She was under pressure to step down during Monday’s House Oversight Committee hearing, as she acknowledged that the agency’s reaction to the attempted assassination was a “failure.” This pressure came from all sides of the aisle.

According to a recent press release, United States Representative Nancy Mace (R-S.C.) submitted a motion that evening that would have forced a vote in the House to impeach Cheatle following her initial refusal to step down on Monday.

In response to Mace’s question during the hearing on whether the agency’s response was “a colossal failure,” the director said, “Yes.” Mace attacked the Secret Service for its lack of openness, pointing out that Cheatle’s testimony had to be subpoenaed by legislators.

Before the hearing, she accused the director of leaking her opening statement to several media sites.

When asked how often the agency had turned down the Trump campaign’s demands for more security throughout her testimony, Cheatle remained silent.

During the committee’s opening remarks, she acknowledged that the Secret Service’s reaction to the attempted assassination was “the most significant operational failure of the agency in decades.”

Nevertheless, she insisted that she was “the best person” to run the organization then.

President Joe Biden issued a statement acknowledging Cheatle’s decision and expressing gratitude for her service on Tuesday afternoon, following her resignation in response to the growing calls for her resignation.

“As a leader, it takes honor, courage, and incredible integrity to take full responsibility for an organization tasked with one of the most challenging jobs in public service,” the statement read. “The independent review to get to the bottom of what happened on July 13th continues, and I look forward to assessing its conclusions. We all know what happened that day can never happen again.”

During her hearing before the committee on Monday, Cheatle stated that the agency’s ongoing initial internal assessment would take around sixty days.

Do you believe there should be a criminal investigation into the Secret Service Director’s lack of security for President Trump?

Copyright 2024. ConcernedPatriot.com

Continue Reading

Featured

Harris Campaign Begins Vetting Process for Top VP Contenders

Harris Campaign Begins Vetting Process for Top VP Contenders

(ConcernedPatriot.com) – The competition to become Vice President Kamala Harris’s running partner is intensifying. It has been reported that her campaign has sent screening papers to several prominent Democrats.

Senator Mark Kelly (D-AZ) and Governor Josh Shapiro (D-PA), seen as strong candidates from crucial battleground states, are leading the pack.

Harris’s campaign carefully evaluates potential vice presidential candidates as she seeks the Democratic presidential nomination.

Alongside Kelly and Shapiro, governors Roy Cooper (D-NC), Gretchen Whitmer (D-MI), Tim Walz (D-MN), and J.B. Pritzker (D-IL) have also been given vetting paperwork. However, Pritzker has denied receiving such materials.

One notable omission from the list is Governor Andy Beshear (D-KY), who many see as a leading contender.

Beshear stated that despite vigorous campaigning for the position, he had not received any correspondence from the Harris campaign concerning the vice-presidential screening procedure.

The selection process is underway as Harris’s team looks to enhance its ticket with a running mate who will appeal to a wide range of voters and strengthen support in key states.

Kelly and Shapiro are perceived as centrist leaders who, due to their considerable political backgrounds, have the potential to draw in moderate voters.

Kelly, the current senator from Arizona and a former astronaut, has a proven track record in Arizona.

At the same time, Shapiro’s leadership in Pennsylvania is distinguished by his emphasis on progressive ideals and his ability to win elections in a swing state.

The main goal of her campaign plan seems to be selecting a running mate who can enhance Harris’s program and increase the Democratic ticket’s appeal to a wide range of voters in essential areas and demographics.

The fact that there are several governors indicates that candidates with executive expertise and a track record of successful leadership are preferred.

The screening process is anticipated to be rigorous, involving a detailed review of the candidates’ public personas and political positions and significant background investigations.

The campaign’s final choice will probably try to strike a compromise between political tactics and the requirement for a solid and cooperative alliance in the White House.

As the Democratic National Convention draws near, there is growing conjecture and expectation over Harris’s final choice for her ticket partner.

The chosen vice-presidential candidate will be crucial to the party’s unity and mobilization of the electorate before the November election.

Does it matter who Harris selects as her VP as she goes against the Trump/Vance ticket?

Copyright 2024. ConcernedPatriot.com

Continue Reading

Featured

Local Police Barred From Investigating Trump Assassination

butler-pennsylvania-usa-on-map

Local Pennsylvania police officers revealed to Congress that they were barred from entering a Secret Service command center at President Trump’s rally in Butler, Pennsylvania, on July 13, according to Republican Tennessee Rep. Mark Green. This revelation has raised serious concerns about the competency of the Secret Service, especially in the wake of a blatant assassination attempt.

Rep. Green, the chairman of the House Committee on Homeland Security, along with other bipartisan committee members, toured the Butler Farm Show grounds where 20-year-old Thomas Crooks attempted to assassinate President Trump. Green expressed frustration and concern, stating, “Normally, according to the local sheriff, they have done these events in the past with the Secret Service and always had one of their people in that Secret Service control room. Apparently, that was not allowed this time for some reason,” after his tour of the crime scene, which has been closed to the public since July 13.

The lack of coordination and communication between local and federal law enforcement is alarming. Green, an Army veteran, highlighted this as a glaring example of the miscommunication that put the President’s life at risk. He mentioned ongoing efforts to get more information about the radios used by law enforcement on the day of the rally.

Paul Mauro, a Fox News legal and criminal analyst, explained that a command center is typically a place for all involved law enforcement agencies to streamline communication. It’s a fundamental security measure that was inexplicably ignored. The Secret Service’s failure to integrate local law enforcement into its command center is not just a misstep but a severe breach of protocol that could have had catastrophic consequences.

The incompetence displayed by the Secret Service during Trump’s rally is unforgivable. Green and other lawmakers are rightfully demanding accountability. The Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle’s leadership is under scrutiny. During a media briefing, Green described the situation as an “abysmal failure” and called for Cheatle’s resignation. He cited examples of members of Congress accessing the very roof Crooks used to fire upon the crowd without any security hindrances and noted that law enforcement failed to utilize a nearby water tower for surveillance.

Republican Pennsylvania Rep. Mark Kelly also voiced his outrage, highlighting reports that law enforcement was aware of a suspicious person an hour before Trump took the stage. “If there was an idea that there was somebody here that was suspect, why even allow President Trump to even go up to the podium … and why did we go ahead and continue with the program?” Kelly questioned. The lack of proactive measures to protect the President is beyond comprehension.

The attempt on President Trump’s life resulted in the tragic death of Corey Comperatore, a dedicated husband, father, and former fire chief. Two other individuals, David Dutch and James Copenhaver, were critically wounded. This incident is not just a breach of security but a heartbreaking reminder of the consequences of incompetence.

Secret Service Director Kimberly Cheatle’s evasive response to whether she will fire those responsible is unacceptable. The American people deserve better. The security failures must be addressed, and those responsible should be held accountable. It is clear that significant changes need to be made to restore faith in the Secret Service’s ability to protect our leaders.

In the face of such failures, the call for resignations is not just justified but necessary. The safety of President Trump and all our leaders depends on it. It’s time for the Secret Service to undergo a thorough overhaul, ensuring that such dangerous lapses in security never happen again. The American people demand and deserve accountability and competence from those sworn to protect their leaders.

 

BREAKING: Donald Trump Survives Assassination Attempt!

POLL: Was the attempt on President Trump’s life an “inside job?”

Continue Reading

Trending