These easy and simple food recipes in the wild offer that jerky, protein bars, and crackers cannot. Sure, these quick fixes are reliable and never affected by the weather, but you or anyone will agree that none is as satisfying as a steaming, well-prepared meal.
Taking into consideration that snacks are lightweight and readily eatable, the foods on this list are similar as they are very easy to cook. Let’s check out these simple recipes that will cook for 30 minutes at most and are sure to leave you purring for more.
4 Easy And Simple Food Recipes In The Wild
Pull-apart, Dutch Oven Bread — ideal for breakfast
- Sliced dinner rolls
- Cut into slices cheddar cheese
- Aluminum foil
- Charcoal briquettes
- Dutch oven
- Split the rolls in twos and coat each half with melted butter. Place evenly on the foil of the Dutch oven. Then, spread two cups of sliced cheese and eight strips of shredded bacon on the surface.
- Cover the lid and leave the rolls to bake until they rise to twice their size.
- Once they grow that big, it’s time to use the hot charcoal briquettes.
- Place 16 hot briquettes on the oven and ten below and leave for about 25 minutes for the bread to be made.
- Cut the rolls in half and roll them in melted butter. Lay them evenly on foil in the Dutch oven, and cover with eight strips of chopped bacon and 2 cups of shredded cheese.
Potato & Egg Scramble — suggested for breakfast
- Chopped onions
- Chopped peppers
- Diced potatoes
- Cast iron skillet
Scoop a tbsp. of butter in a hot skillet and allow to melt, after which you add one chopped onion, two chopped peppers & 2 diced potatoes.
- Cook for 20–25 minutes, and add another one tbsp. butter.
- Break and mix eight eggs & pour on onions, peppers, and potatoes.
- Cover with foil & leave to cook for 4–5 extra minutes.
Grilled cheese — best for lunch
- Marinara sauce, pepperoni, or tomato slices
- Sliced cheese
- Pan or skillet
- Pour butter in skillet & and add bread when properly melted.
- Put in cheese and/or extra enhancements, & then cover with a second piece of bread.
- Flip bread back and forth until the inside is melted & the outside is crispy.
Chicken Quesadilla — recommended for dinner
- Chopped chicken breast
- Shredded cheese
- Fill the tortilla with chopped chicken & shredded cheese and place on tin foil.
- Fold the tortilla over fillings, and proceed to fold the tin foil itself over the quesadilla.
- Put on top the grate above the fire.
- Leave to cook until the tortilla turns crispy and the cheese melts, before serving with salsa.
Concluding The Easy And Simple Food Recipes In The Wild
Now that you know these easy and simple food recipes in the wild, you’re sure to eat delicious, more satisfying foods. These feeding options are also healthier and more nourishing, thanks to the various ingredients that go into them. Start today with a tasty potato & egg scramble.